Design a customised exercise program for your scoliosis
This program provides a beginning practice for most people with scoliosis based upon a proven method that focuses on lengthening the spine, stretching muscles that have become tight and strengthening those that have become weak. Focused attention is placed on de-rotating the spine and ribs, while overall creating more balance and harmony in the body.
Through this practice, people with scoliosis can take charge of their own back to achieve better posture while decreasing back pain and discomfort.
What have the studies shown about corrective exercise for scoliosis?
• Curves can be reduced up to 32%
• Pain can be reduced.
• Lung capacity and chest expansion can improve.
• Untreated scoliosis progresses up to 2.9 times more than those in a corrective exercise program.
• Those undergoing a corrective exercise program have 24-48% fewer spine fusions than those who do not.
• Corrective exercise reduces pain post-spinal fusion and stabilizes segments above and below the fusion.
• Exercise can ease the transition from brace-wearing to non-brace-wearing, strengthening the muscles so that the spine will not revert to the previous degree of curvature once the brace is no longer worn.
Step 1: Identify the Cause
The first thing you need to do is identify the biochemical and structural imbalances that have created your scoliosis. You can easily do this with the help of a series of “self assessments” outlined in this book.
Step 2: Treat the Symptoms of Scoliosis
While a majority of patients do not manifest any symptoms of pain early on, these gradually become evident as the disease advances, or as you age. You can’t correct the problem if your pain is so severe that you can’t move a muscle. This book will reveal various strategies with the help of which you can reduce and manage your pain so that you remain focused on correcting the underlying dysfunction(s) that are the main cause of your scoliosis.
Step 3: Treat the Cause and Condition
Next, you will learn how to treat the cause of your scoliosis by correcting your body chemistry and structural imbalances while following a nutritional and an exercise plan that is tailored to your particular condition.
What’s more, it's completely tailored to your spine and metabolic needs
- Uncover the most recent research on the true causes of scoliosis
- Discover how bracing and surgery treat merely the symptom not the root cause of scoliosis
- Find out what latest treatment work, what doesn’t and why
- Discover how lack of proper nutrition creates illness in our bodies and affects the normal growth of the spine
- Customize an exercise routine unique to your scoliosis to suit even the busiest schedule
- Find out what to expect from your doctor and/ or another healthcare professional
- Full illustration, tables and lists for easy comprehension and understanding
- Learn from others with scoliosis in inspirational stories and case studies
This is must have Health In Your Hands: Your Plan for Natural Scoliosis Prevention and Treatment :
A brilliant book. This book was recommended to me by my chiropractor. I have had scoliosis since birth and for me I found the contents simply liberating. This is a book that takes a universal approach and looks at matters that most people wouldn't immediately link together. The chapters on diet and nutrition I found to be the most innovative as I have never come across a book that talks about what food people with spinal conditions should eat. The exercises were great too. Would highly recommend it to anyone who either suffers or wants to broaden his or her knowledge on the subject.
I have just finished reading Health In Your Hands. by Dr Kevin Lau and have had to run onto my computer to add my review. What a joyous experience it really was. Everyone must read this book. From start to finish I felt like my knowledge on scoliosis was being perpetually pumped to the point it would burst. Intense, detailed, thought provoking and revolutionary, what more would you possibly want from a book! Go and buy it.
Health in your hands.. Something tells me that I will be coming back to this book for sometime to come, Beautifully articulated with a profound sense of compassion that springs from every chapter. Lau is clearly an author who has devoted himself to understanding and in turn offering precise consultation on the subject of Scoliosis. Some very insightful chapters with tons of information on every aspect of the condition. A pleasure to read and will absolutely be going back to it.
A must read!!!!. I read this book from beginning to end in just 2 weeks. I don't think I have ever read a book that quick. Not only are the subjects relative to anyone who is interested in scoliosis but the books makes for great reading.
I particularly found the `Corrective Exercises for Scoliosis chapter a joy to read. It contained some brilliant pointers that I was previously unaware of. A fully accessible book that I highly recommend to everyone.
GREAT BOOK. I have been after a book like this for such a long time. It contains everything you would ever need to know about Scoliosis, from the condition itself, to appropriate foods, to a range of treatment and exercises that should be incorporated into the lives of scoliosis sufferers. I like the way it has been broken down into three easy to follow sections with clear indications as to the subject of each part. Really awesome book.